Who We Are
We’re Michigan Municipal Risk Management Authority—but you can call us MMRMA. Member-owned and service-driven, MMRMA is committed to supporting our members with the tools, resources, and support they need to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
MMRMA was one of the first public entity pools to form in the United States back in 1980. Today, we’re proud to be the largest municipal liability and property pool in Michigan, and a recognized national leader in the field.
What We Do
MMRMA is a public entity self-insurance pool that provides liability, property, and data breach coverage to governmental entities throughout Michigan—but that’s only part of what we do.
From award-winning risk management programs, to on-demand resources and support, to community-focused initiatives and training opportunities—MMRMA is a service-driven organization that serves members and communities with purpose.
Why We’re Different
When it comes to choosing a public entity pool for your community, you have options. At MMRMA, it’s our goal to be the best option.
MMRMA stands out in the following ways:
- Longevity: Founded in 1980, we’ve been around for over 40 years.
- Innovation: Our team works together to refine our program by developing the products and initiatives our members need.
- Technology: We’re constantly researching and investing in new technology to better deliver services.
- Member-Driven: We work entirely on behalf of our members—not external stakeholders.
- Unparalleled Value: As partners with purpose, we strive to provide the best value for members at every touchpoint.
- Service Above All: Serving members — and, in turn, helping them serve their residents — is our ultimate purpose.